How to build a eco friendly dog house
Presented here are a list of resources you need to learn how to build a eco friendly dog house. While it takes a lot of effort, the result can be worth the trouble. To make it easier, I have put together this list of resources that will help you in every step of the way. Hopefully, that will make your job much much easier.
Step #1: Gather eco friendly dog house materials
The first step in any dog house building is to gather your raw materials. In this case, since we are talking about being eco friendly, here is a list of raw materials that fit into what we want:
- Sustainable wood such as non-degradable red cedar wood
- Recycled polymers and wood fibers
- Recycle floor titles
- Low voltage lighting
- Low power AC if you want air conditioning for your dog house
- Non toxic paint that is safe for your dog
- Solar panel for roof or a mini green garden (optional)
The above use should cover most of the stuff you need.
Step #2: Eco friendly dog house floor plan
This is a harder thing to get especially if you don’t want to pay for it. Luckily, I managed to find a free dog house plan just for the readers here.
Step 3: Starting building!
There is actually not much of a third step except to tell you to build it according to the plan. What I can advise is this:
- Start off at the base. Make sure your floor area is big enough to accommodate the size of your dog. Cut the wood according and use nails to fix the base to the floor
- Next is to erect the four walls.
- Finally, get the roof up.
For a detailed explaination of the actual building process, refer to this very useful tutorial.
Step 4: Building a dog house with green roof
This step is completely optional. It is for those who want to make use of the roof to create a mini garden of sorts. It is not too difficult to do this. The only thing you need to watch out for is creating a sandbox on the roof when you are building the actual dog house. Keep this mind as you are doing Step 3.
For this, let me refer you to this tutorial that will guide you along the way.